5 NL Pitchers That Should Be All-Stars
Jason Marquis is an All-Star. His numbers are decent. Marquis is 8th in innings pitched in the NL with an ERA of 3.87 and the 10 wins stand out. The 51/36 K/BB is rather weak. You can make a case for Marquis for inclusion on the NL team. But you can make a stronger case for these pitchers:
- Johnny Cueto, Reds Just 84 hits allowed in 103.2 IP, ERA of 2.69 and BAA of just .223. 1.12 WHIP, 8 wins.
- Javy Vazquez, Braves An incredible 130 Ks against just 23 BBs, an ERA of 3.05 and a WHIP of 1.05.
- Yovanni Gallardo, Brewers More Ks than IP, BAA of just .193, 2.75 ERA and just 74 hits in 105 IP.
- Jair Jurrens, Braves ERA of just 2.73, allowed just 6 HR and 89 hits in 102+ IP.
- Joel Piniero, Cards Just 12 BBs and 3 HR allowed in 106+ IP. 2 complete game shutouts.