Quick hits from the world of MLB.
– White Sox fans — and really the entire American League — have to be pleased with this news: Fernando Rodney was named closer by Jim Leyland. I think.
“Does that mean he’s going to come in every time? I don’t know that,” Leyland said. “I wouldn’t make a big deal that I named Fernando Rodney the closer, because I really haven’t. But he’s going to close that first game, hopefully.
– Watch your back DeWayne Wise: Scotty Pods is about to be available. He is being released by the Rockies.
– Former White Sox and Cub Ross Gload will get to play for his 5th major league team. He was traded to the Marlins for a PTBNL.
– Rich Hill may only miss about 2 weeks. He said both his elbow and back are great after a workout. Elbow and back? Yikes.
– Adam Kennedy has been told he will not make the Rays final roster. Maybe Tony La Russa would like him back.
– And I’ve saved the best for last: According to MLB.com, a Reds scout has been at Rangers camp to see Andruw Jones. In Dusty we trusty! Oh I hope he goes to the Reds. I can’t wait for Baker to answer the questions about why he is still playing him when he has a .500 OPS after about 100 or so at-bats.