BEARS PLAYOFF CHANCES
Rex Grossman just finished his 3rd consecutive game without a turnover. Meanwhile…
Philip Rivers was 10-30 on Sunday and the game before that had a passer rating of 12.4.
Everybody’s favorite flavor of the day, Tony Romo, was absolutely miserable yesterday. He threw 2 picks and did not complete a pass over 17 yards. He has 4 TDs and 7 INTs over his last 4 games.
Where is the outcry like there was against Rex? He’s looking pretty good right now, huh?
Now thew crying is mainly due to the Bears giving up a lot of yards. Whatever. I’m not blind to it. But when I look at their chances in the playoffs here is what I see:
- Excellent special teams. Hester is incredible and Gould is rock solid.
- Takeaways. The Bears lead the NFC in both takeaways and takeaway/giveaway ratio, with a +13.
- THE best player in the league on defense in Brian Urlacher. I won’t be surprised to see him takeover a game.
- The return of Vasher and Tillman. The Bears’ 2 stud CBs should be rolling in the playoffs. Vasher came back and played a solid game yesterday and Tillman will be ready next week. That is huge. Todd Johnson will also be ready.
- Versatile offense. The Bears had 10 different players catch balls on Sunday. They have 2 good RBs. Rex has learned his lesson. The offense can move the ball in many different ways.
- Home-field advantage and a Bye.
- The numbers don’t lie. The Bears still have scored the most points in the NFC and still have allowed the least.