College Basketball Final Rankings
Below you’ll find our College Basketball Top 25 Rankings – FINAL rankings
1. Ohio State Buckeyes (32-2) – The Buckeyes came away with the Big 10 regular season and conference tournament title to claim the overall #1 seed in the NCAA tournament. The Buckeyes are just one of three teams in the country with two losses. Ohio State is the #1 seed in the East bracket, where they will face the winner of the Texas San Antonio/Alabama State game. After that, the Buckeyes will take on either George Mason or Villanova.
2. Kansas Jayhawks (32-2) – Kansas picked up a revenge win over Texas to claim the Big 12 Conference tournament title. The Jayhawks are the #1 seed in the Southwest division, and the second overall in the NCAA tournament. Kansas will take on Boston on Friday, and then get ready for either UNLV or Illinois in the second round.
3. Duke Blue Devils (30-4) – Duke won the rubber match against North Carolina, to claim the Atlantic Coast Conference tournament title. The Blue Devils will defend their title when they take on the Hampton Pirates in the first round of the NCAA tournament. Duke is part of the West bracket. A win over Hampton would set up a second round battle with either Michigan or Tennessee.
4. Pittsburgh Panthers (27-5) – Pittsburgh was upset by Connecticut in their first game of the Big East tournament. Despite the loss, they were granted a #1 seed, but were forced to play in the Southeast region. Pittsburgh will take on the winner of North Carolina Asheville and Arkansas Little Rock. If Pittsburgh wins that game, they will take on defending runner up Butler or Old Dominion.
5. Notre Dame Fighting Irish (26-6) – The Fighting Irish blew a big lead, and lost in overtime to Louisville in the semifinals of the Big East tournament. The loss for Notre Dame seemingly lost a number 1 seed for them. Instead they are the #2 seed out of the Southwest region, where Kansas is the #1. Notre Dame will take on the Zips of Akron, and follow that up with a battle with either Texas A+M or Florida State.
6. Kentucky Wildcats (25-8) – The Kentucky Wildcats are heating up at the right time. Kentucky came away with the SEC tournament title, downing the Florida Gators on Sunday. Despite the red-hot streak, Kentucky was granted only a four seed in the NCAA tournament. The Wildcats are in the East bracket, which is probably the toughest in the tournament. Kentucky will take on Princeton, and then battle with either West Virginia/UAB or Clemson.
7. San Diego State Aztecs (32-2) – The Aztecs are the third team in the country with two losses. The Aztecs downed Brigham Young, to avenge their only two losses on the season. With that win, the Aztecs grabbed a better seed then their conference rival Cougars. The Aztecs are the #2 seed in the West, and will take on Northern Colorado. If they win that game, the Aztecs will play the winner of the Temple/Penn State game.
8. Connecticut Huskies (26-9) – The Huskies won five games in five days to win the Big East tournament. Kimba Walker with his impressive performance, which broke a record for most points in the Big East tournament, has put himself at the top of the player of the year listings. Walker and the Huskies are the #3 seed in the West, and will take on the Bison of Bucknell. With a win, the Huskies would face conference foe Cincinnati or Missouri in the second round.
9. Louisville Cardinals (25-9) – Louisville came within a basket of tying the Connecticut Huskies late in the game, but it was not to be. The Cardinals, although finishing third in the regular season, and second in the conference tournament grabbed a four seed in the tournament. The Cardinals will take on Morehead State in a geographical battle. The Cardinals will then take on either Vanderbilt or the Richmond Spiders in the second round.
10. Florida Gators (26-7) – Florida was unable to slow down Kentucky in the SEC title game on Sunday. The Gators, despite the loss picked up the #2 seed in the Southeast bracket. Florida will take on the UCSB in the first round, before meeting up with either UCLA or Michigan State in the second round.
11. North Carolina Tar Heels (26-7) – The Tar Heels were unable to slow down Duke in the ACC title game. The Tar Heels, after winning the regular season crown garnered a 2 seed in the East bracket. North Carolina will take on Long Island in the first round, and after that battle either Washington or Georgia in the second round.
12. Washington Huskies (23-10) – After a big time win in the Pac-Ten title, the Washington Huskies did not get a lot of respect from the selection committee, slipping down to a 7 seed. The Huskies are one of the top offensive teams in the nation, and will take that offense into a battle with Georgia in the first round. Washington will then most likely take on the Tar Heels of North Carolina in the next round.
13. Arizona Wildcats (27-7) – Arizona fell in the Pac-Ten finals, after winning the regular season title. The Wildcats are now the fifth seed in the West, and will take on the Tigers of Memphis. Arizona will then take on the winner of Texas and Oakland in the next round.
14. Syracuse Orange (26-7) – Jim Boeheim and his Syracuse Orange were victims of the Connecticut Huskies in the Big East tournament. The Orange garnered the third seed in the East, and gets a date with Missouri Valley Conference tournament winner Indiana State. If the Orange can win that game, they will take on the winner of Xavier/Marquette.
15. Brigham Young Cougars (30-4) – Jimmer Fredette and his Cougars were unable to finish a clean sweep of wins over San Diego State, falling in the conference tournament championship game. The Cougars will now take on Wofford, as the third seed in the Southeast bracket. Brigham Young, if they can win that game will take on either St. John’s or Gonzaga.
16. Texas Longhorns (27-7) – The Texas Longhorns struggled in the final weeks of the season, but were able to get to the conference tournament title game. Texas was unable to beat Kansas for a second time; losing by double digits. The Longhorns were given a tough first round opponent; as the fourth seed in the West bracket. Texas will take on a very tough and battle tested Oakland team in the first round. The Longhorns will then face either Arizona or Memphis in the second round.
17. Purdue Boilermakers (25-7) – The Purdue Boilermakers took a tough loss to Iowa late in the season, and then lost in the conference tournament to put some doubt in their minds. Now the Boilermakers will start their title run as the third seed in the Southwest bracket. The Boilermakers will take on St. Peter’s in the first round of the tournament. The Boilermakers will then battle the winner of Georgetown and the winner between USC and VCU.
18. Wisconsin Badgers (23-8) – Bo Ryan and the Wisconsin Badgers struggled in a loss to Penn State in the Big Ten tournament. The Badgers were held to single digits for most of the first half. Wisconsin finished the regular season as the third best team in the Big Ten. Wisconsin will now take on Belmont in the first round of the NCAA tournament. The Badgers will then take on either Utah State or Kansas State in the second round.
19. St. John’s Storm (21-11) – The St. John’s Storm have had a great season. After being picked towards the bottom of the Big East, they made a great run to finish fifth in the league. The Storm were unable to beat Syracuse in the conference tournament, and finished the regular season 21-11. Now Coach Lavin and his team will take on the winner of Brigham Young/Wofford. The Storm are the six seed in the Southeast bracket.
20. Utah State Aggies (30-3) – The Utah State Aggies finished the regular season with a 30-3 record. Despite that, the Aggies did not get a lot of recognition, as they dropped to a 12 seed in the Southeast bracket. The Aggies will take on the Kansas State Wildcats in the first round. If they are able to pull an upset, they will take on the winner of Wisconsin/Belmont.
21. Vanderbilt Commodores (23-10) – Kevin Stallings and his Commodores of Vanderbilt were beat by Kentucky in the SEC tournament. The Commodores finished as the third best team in the conference. Vanderbilt was given a fifth seed in the Southwest bracket, and matched up with the upstart Richmond Spiders. If Vanderbilt can survive that game, they will take on the winner of Louisville/Morehead State.
22. Texas A+M Aggies (24-8) – The Texas A+M Aggies were unable to down their state rival Texas Longhorns in the Big 12 tournament. After the loss, the Aggies were shown a 7th seed in the Southwest bracket. Texas A+M will take on ACC representative Florida State in the first round. The Aggies will then take on the winner of Notre Dame/Akron in the next round.
23. Gonzaga Bulldogs (24-9) – Mark Few and the Gonzaga Bulldogs moved back into the Top 25, after many weeks off. The Bulldogs won the conference tournament, after finishing behind St. Mary’s during the regular season. Gonzaga will take on St. John’s in the 6/11 game out of the Southeast bracket. The Bulldogs, if they can down the Storm will take on either Brigham Young or Wofford in the next round.
24. Richmond Spiders (27-7) – The Richmond Spiders won the Atlantic Ten Conference tournament championship game over the Dayton Flyers. Richmond had a great season, including an upset win over Purdue earlier in the season. Richmond garnered a 12 seed out of the Southwest bracket. The Spiders will take on the Vanderbilt Commodores in the first round. The winner of that game will take on the winner of Louisville/Morehead State.
25. Georgetown Hoyas (21-10) – Coming in as the final team in the rankings, out of the Big East – the Georgetown Hoyas. The Hoyas lost in their first round of the conference tournament to the Connecticut Huskies. The Hoyas are without their top scorer Austin Freeman, so the tournament could be a tough task. Georgetown was able to grab a six seed in the Southwest Division. The Hoyas will take on the winner of the USC/VCU game. If the Hoyas win that game, they will battle either Purdue or St. Peter’s.
Betting basketball can prove to be very lucrative if you know what you are doing. We suggest you study the games and find a good sportsbook that offer the best lines and props for the games.