College Basketball Rankings
This is our NCAAB College Basketball rankings of each team.
1. Ohio State Buckeyes (27-2) – The Buckeyes took back their top spot in the country. Now Ohio State will look to beat both Penn State and Wisconsin in their final two games to seal an out right Big Ten title.
2. Kansas Jayhawks (27-2) – With a Texas loss, the Jayhawks are now tied at the top of the Big 12. Kansas plays their final home game on Wednesday with Texas A+M, before their rivalry game at Missouri on Saturday.
3. Brigham Young Cougars (27-2) – Jimmer Fredette and the Cougars continued their impressive season with another win over San Diego State. Fredette scored 25 points, and is at 27 for the season. The Cougars can win the Mountain West Conference with wins over Wyoming and New Mexico.
4. Purdue Boilermakers (24-5) – Purdue enjoys their highest ranking of the season after their blow-out win over Michigan State. Matt Painter and the Boilermakers are on the outside looking in closely at both a Big Ten title, and a possible #1 seed in the NCAA tournament.
5. Texas Longhorns (24-5) – Rick Barnes and the Longhorns blew a 21 point lead and lost to Colorado on Saturday. The loss for the Longhorns hurt their chances at a #1 seed in the NCAA tournament. Texas will now look to beat both Kansas State and Baylor to assure at least a tie for the conference title.
6. Duke Blue Devils (26-3) – Duke lost at Virginia Tech on Saturday, and now are in a tie with the Tar Heels atop the ACC. The Blue Devils will host Clemson, and then head to Chapel Hill on Saturday for the conference title.
7. Notre Dame Fighting Irish (23-5) – Notre Dame with their win, and a Pittsburgh loss moved into a tie at the top of the Big East Conference standings. The Irish have tough games against Villanova and Connecticut remaining before the Big East tournament.
8. Pittsburgh Panthers (25-4) – Pittsburgh was unable to score enough in overtime, and lost at Louisville on Saturday. The Panthers will now look to bounce back with a game at South Florida and then a home game with Villanova.
9. Wisconsin Badgers (22-6) – The Badgers got off to a quick start, and blasted Northwestern on Sunday. Wisconsin has games left at Indiana and at home with Ohio State remaining in the regular season.
10. San Diego Aztecs (27-2) – San Diego State took their second loss of the season on Saturday. Ironically, it was to the first team they lost to as well. The Aztecs have a road game at Wyoming and a home game with Colorado State remaining.
11. North Carolina Tar Heels (21-6) – North Carolina won their 17th game in the last 20 with a win on Sunday over Maryland. The Tar Heels now will look to beat Florida State on the road Wednesday to set up a conference title game at home with Duke on Saturday.
12. Louisville Cardinals (22-7) – Rick Pitino and his Cardinals are tickled to death to be in third place in the rugged Big East. They will look to keep that with games against Providence and West Virginia remaining.
13. Utah State Aggies (26-3) – Utah State won their fourth straight with a revenge win over Idaho on Saturday. The Aggies are at the top of the WAC, and have games remaining at New Mexico State and Louisiana Tech.
14. Syracuse Orange (24-6) – The Orange have started to get hot with four straight wins. The winning streak has moved them just ½ game back of third place in the Big East. Syracuse has games left at Syracuse and at home with DePaul.
15. Texas A+M Aggies (21-6) – Texas A+M fell on Saturday to Baylor. The Aggies are still in third place in the Big 12 Conference. Texas A+M has games left at Kansas and then at home with the Red Raiders of Texas Tech.
16. Arizona Wildcats (23-6) – The Wildcats had a tough week losing to both USC and UCLA. The Wildcats are now tied with UCLA at the top of the Pac-Ten Conference. Arizona has home games with Oregon State and Oregon remaining.
17. St. John’s Storm (19-9) – Steve Lavin and his St. John’s Storm are just one win away from reaching 20 on the season. The Storm picked up another win over a ranked team on Saturday over Villanova. St. John’s has games left at Seton Hall and at home with South Florida remaining.
18. Georgetown Hoyas (21-8) – Georgetown has cooled down since their winning streak mid-season. The Hoyas lost to Syracuse for their third in the last four games. The Hoyas will look to get back on track on March 5th in Cincinnati.
19. Connecticut Huskies (21-7) – Kimba Walker and the Huskies picked up a win on Sunday over Cincinnati to get back on track. The Huskies, led by Jim Calhoun now have games left at West Virginia and at home with the Big East leading Fighting Irish of Notre Dame.
20. Villanova Wildcats (21-8) – A struggling team out of the Big East is the Villanova Wildcats. The Wildcats lost their fourth game in the last six overall. The Wildcats have the toughest Big East record remaining, with games at Notre Dame and also at Pittsburgh.
21. Florida Gators (22-6) – Billy Donovan and his Gators took a tough loss at Kentucky on Saturday. Despite the loss, Florida still sits in first place in the East Division of the SEC. Florida has games left at home with Alabama, who leads the West, and also a trip to Vanderbilt.
22. Vanderbilt Commodores (21-7) – Kevin Stallings and his Commodores are in second place in the East Division of the SEC. Vanderbilt is two games behind the Gators, so they look to just hold off third place Kentucky. Vandwerbilt has games left at Kentucky and at home with Florida.
23. Kentucky Wildcats (20-8) – The Wildcats of Kentucky won again at home, this time over the Florida Gators. Kentucky still is getting great efforts from freshmen Brandon Knight and Terrance Jones. They are combining for more than 35 points per game. The Wildcats will play at Vanderbilt on Tuesday, and host Tennessee on Saturday.
24. Missouri Tigers (21-7) – Missouri is coming off a loss to Kansas State, which sent them into a tie for fourth place in the Big 12. The Tigers look to bounce back with a win at Nebraska, before hosting Kansas on the final home game of the season.
25. Xavier Musketeers (22-6) – Moving into the rankings for the first time this season, the Xavier Musketeers. Xavier has won seven straight games, including a road game at Dayton on Sunday. Xavier looks to win the Atlantic Ten with a home game Wednesday against Charlotte, and then a road game Saturday in St. Louis.