Cubs vs. White Sox Notes
Exciting Cubs/Sox game today. Home Runs by DLee and Soto–and their overall performance lately–should give Cubs fans a boost.
But the way it ended was just plain odd. Matt Thornton got to 1-2 on Soriano by throwing nothing but fastballs. Then he threw another for ball 2. And then pitch 5? Another fastball, right down the middle. Soriano crushed it to win the game.
My question: why is Matt Thornton — one of the best LHR in the game — throwing Soriano all fastballs? And at 2-2 why is he throwing one right down the middle? Maybe he just missed on the pitch. But 5 fastballs?
A few other thoughts:
- Marmol not only looks wild now his delivery looks funky. He does not look comfortable out there and had a brutal outing.
- Brian Anderson should no longer try to steal bases.
- Gavin Floyd has looked like the 2008 version for a while now. They blew an excellent outing by him.
- Alexei Ramirez is getting HOT. Watch out.
- Whenever the Cubs want to waive or trade Aaron Miles that’s fine by me. I’d rather have Bobby Scales by a country mile.
- Lots of people are excited about Jake Fox. I am not among them.
- Chris Getz was charged with 2 errors today, but one should have been on Ramirez. Garbage call.