NCAA Basketball Top 25
This is our top 25 list for the current College Basketball teams.
1. Ohio State Buckeyes (24-1) – The Buckeyes remain the top team in the country, despite their loss to Wisconsin. The Buckeyes still look to remain a shoe-in for #1 seed the final three weeks of the regular season.
2. Texas Longhorns (22-3) – Rick Barnes and his Longhorns continue their roll. Texas allowed Baylor to creep back into the game, but when push came to shove they were too much for the foes from Waco.
3. Kansas Jayhawks (23-1) – Kansas has been on an absolute roll since the home loss to Texas. The Jayhawks have an explosive offense that scored 100+ points in the win over Missouri. Kansas and Kansas State will get together Monday night.
4. Pittsburgh Panthers (23-2) – The Panthers showed they were the best team out of the Big East with their road win at Villanova. The Panthers hope to continue their winning ways, as the winner of the Big East looks to be a lock for a #1 seed come tournament time.
5. Duke Blue Devils (24-2) – The Blue Devils remained at the top of the ACC with their win over Miami on Sunday. Duke needed a late storm to come back and win at home over hated rival North Carolina on Wednesday. If Irving returns, this team could win back-to-back titles.
6. Notre Dame Fighting Irish (21-4) – The Fighting Irish have been red-hot since their losses in January. The Fighting Irish are in second place in the ultra-tough Big East Conference.
7. Georgetown Hoyas (20-5) – Georgetown is the hottest team in the country, after starting the Big East with a 1-4 record. The Hoyas bounced back from a slow start on Sunday and downed the Marquette Golden Eagles.
8. Brigham Young Cougars (24-2) – Jimmer Fredette and the Cougars continue to impress the nation. The Cougars and San Diego State continue to be heading towards a crash course for the Mountain West Conference title.
9. San Diego State Aztecs (25-1) – The Aztecs have won five straight since their loss to Brigham Young. The Aztecs were tested on Saturday, but came away with a win over Lon Kruger and his Running Rebels.
10. Wisconsin Badgers (19-5) – The Badgers are the most talked about team over the weekend. Wisconsin was able to down the #1 ranked Ohio State Buckeyes at home. After doing it during the football season, the basketball team just kept with the norm. The Badgers will now look to take down Purdue in their next game.
11. Louisville Cardinals (19-6) – Rick Pitino and the Louisville Cardinals are emerging as a threat out of the Big East Conference. The Cardinals played real well in their win over Syracuse on Saturday.
12. Purdue Boilermakers (20-5) – Purdue bounced back from a rough first half to down Illinois on the road Sunday. The Boilermakers will now have home games with Wisconsin and Ohio State in a chance to really prove themselves.
13. Arizona Wildcats (20-4) – The Wildcats, out of the Pac-Ten are a little under-looked. Arizona used three overtimes to down California. The Wildcats will face a tough test Sunday night against state rival Arizona State.
14. Connecticut Huskies (19-5) – Jim Calhoun saw his team look absolutely horrid in their loss to St. John’s. The Huskies bounced back by beating Providence on Sunday evening to move up a bit in the Big East standings.
15. Villanova Wildcats (19-7) – Villanova was unable to slow down the Pittsburgh Panthers on Saturday at home. The Wildcats appear to be stuck in inconsistency this season. Jay Wright wishes he had an answer to this maddening phase.
16. Florida Gators (20-5) – Billy Donovan picked up his 20th win for the 13th straight season. The Gators trailed most of the game at home on Saturday to Tennessee, but picked up the win late in the game. The Gators have complete control of the East in the SEC.
17. Vanderbilt Commodores (18-6) – Kevin Stallings and his Commodores picked up a win over Kentucky on Saturday. The Commodores wish they had a few of the early conference games, to be closer in the mix with Florida.
18. Kentucky Wildcats (17-7) – The Wildcats are the third of three SEC teams in the rankings. The freshmen for Kentucky have struggled to find ways to win when playing on the road this season.
19. Temple Owls (19-5) – The Owls, despite their struggles on the offensive end have emerged just ½ game behind the Xavier Musketeers for the Atlantic Ten lead. Temple will face a tough test with Richmond this week.
20. Missouri Tigers (19-6) – Mike Anderson and his Tigers were shell shocked in their loss to Kansas, allowing over 100 points in the game. The Tigers bounced back and look to rebound the remainder of the season and finish near the top of the Big 12 standings.
21. Texas A+M Aggies (19-5) – The Aggies bounced back from losing three straight games, by winning their last two. Texas A+M sits just ahead of Baylor for third place in the Big 12.
22. North Carolina Tar Heels (18-6) – The Tar Heels led throughout the road game at Duke on Wednesday, but were unable to hold onto the lead. They bounced back with a road win at Clemson on Saturday to stay ahead of Florida State for second place.
23. Memphis Tigers (19-6) – Memphis has moved to within just ½ game for the top of the Conference USA standings. The Tigers with their win over Gonzaga really solidified their tournament position.
24. Utah State Aggies (23-3) – Utah State drops in the rankings a bit, after their loss to Idaho. Despite that, at 23-3, the Aggies still remain one of the best teams in the country.
25. Syracuse Orange (20-6) – Jim Boeheim and his Orange have lost six of their last eight games on the season. The Orange were getting blasted at Louisville on Saturday, only to make it closer, but lose.