ZONER’S TOP 6 REASONS TO WATCH THE WBC
Fox Sports has a post up with their reasons to watch the World Baseball Classic. It’s a decent list, but I remain unmoved. Which isn’t to say I won’t watch, because I’ll check out a little bit. But it has the ability to ruin the upcoming season, so I just can’t get into it full-throttle.
I honestly don’t see the point of the whole thing on a competitive level. It’s not like each country has all their best players going for them. There are definitely some prospects I would like to see, but other than that I’m just hoping guys don’t get hurt. That said, here are my top 6 reasons to watch.
- See Stubby Clapp play again and reminisce about making fun of Cardinals fans at Wrigley. Good times.
- Hear the P.A. guy announce names like Yang Yang, Chunhua Dong, Dirk van’t Klooster. Vroom-vroom Party Starter!!
- Guess how old each Cuban player really is, and which ones will defect and end up on the White Sox.
- See how much Randall Simon and Sidney Ponson weigh these days.
- 2 words: Augie. Ojeda.
- Laugh at your favorite team when they lose one of their best players to injury.