WOE ARE THE CUBS FANS
A list of current woes:
- With Soriano out, the Cubs have only won 2 of their last 10. They are only 1 game above .500
- My worst nightmare might be realized: The Cardinals could still win the division. The Cards have won 4 straight and are only 3.5 out of first.
- The bullpen is still inconsistent and definitely not playoff caliber. Wuertz comes in and gets shelled and then Howry blows it in the 8th. You’re up by 3 in the fifth at home and lose? Every member of that bullpen scares me to death. Why Hendry didn’t go out and get an arm is beyond me. That Bill Bray looked awesome last night. I wish he was a Cub.
- Of the top 3 teams in the NL Central, only the Cubs are under .500 within the division. The Cards are pounding teams and the Brewers are 3 over. Not a good sign. Which leads me to…
- Losing a series in the division. The Cubs have already lost the series to the Reds. At home. In August. It’s totally unacceptable.
- Zambrano has been brutal lately. And you can’t help but wonder if he has something wrong with his arm. His last outing he walked 2, struck out none and allowed 13 hits. He’s lost 3 straight and next up is the Cards on Sunday Night.
The bright side is that Soriano will be back and hopefully Big Z is fine and goes out and dominates the Cards on Sunday night. The division blows and they still have 30 games left to play against it. Any other reasons to come in off the ledge? Or does it end up like almost every other year?
[tags]Cubs, Carlos Zambrano, Alfonso Soriano, Bob Howry, Jim Hendry, NL Central[/tags]